Located in Port Adelaide, Dock One and Port Approach is a four stage, high-density redevelopment of a brownfield site located on the banks of the Port River. The project overall will provide approximately 800 dwellings through a mix of multi-storey townhouses and apartment buildings, featuring a waterfront promenade, floating hotel suites and refurbished Harbour Masters building.
Fyfe has provided the detail infrastructure design of roads, stormwater drainage, sewer and water reticulation, as well as coordinating the location of utility connections to the proposed Stage 1 allotments. Fyfe’s services demanded:
- engineering solutions sympathetic to the vision of the project to create an engaging place that fosters community spirit
- engineering design that complemented, rather than dictated or compromised, development outcomes, and could be seamlessly integrated to ensure the development itself takes centre stage
- a high degree of consultation, collaboration and coordination with the City of Port Adelaide Enfield, Renewal SA, architects, utility service consultants and other providers to challenge the norm
- seeing the Port River as an asset, not a constraint, and accommodating its tidal influence with innovative engineering solutions
- historic elements be integrated to retain the heritage feel of the dock
- investigative work to locate existing services because of missing historic records.
Stage 1 is drawing to a close, as Fyfe has commenced and will continue to provide its consultancy services through Stages 2, 3 and 4 of the project.
Services utilised in this project:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Detail infrastructure design
“Fyfe have been a strong ally to Starfish in this project. They have been responsive and adaptable, and their expertise is highly valued.”
Senior Development Manager, Starfish Developments