Over the past four years, Fyfe has completed more than 640 wells and provided essential GIS, survey, engineering, and environmental services to support the provision of new and existing gas infrastructure in the region. Our work in APLNG’s Surat Basin operations is diverse and we rely on our integrated approach to deliver to the managing contractor’s objectives.
- Delivering the design which creates construction drawings and deliverables
- A range of civil, electrical, mechanical, process and pipeline engineering design services to deliver roads, pipelines, crossings and infrastructure for the APLNG project.
- Review and analysis of environmental approvals and cultural heritage locations and determining if there are further approvals required according to federal, state and local governments’ policies and laws
- Determining whether additional licensing and permits are needed
- Creating full and complete documentation to demonstrate and record environmental compliance, and the development of a site environmental plan inclusive of landowner terms and environmental approvals
- Creating erosion and sediment control plans to meet all water-quality requirements for the sites.
- Creating environmental material take-off reports for project cost estimations and material procurement
- Reviewing any potential environmental restraints by analysing the data collected during surveys, ensuring proposed designs meet approvals, minimise environmental impact and reduce construction costs where feasible.
GIS and Survey
- Collecting and collating geospatial data to generate in-depth geographical information system (GIS) data and create maps of the areas of operation
- Conducting detail surveys with boundary reinstatement at specific sites
- Conduct Petroleum Well Location surveys and prepare Mining Plans for deposit and registration in the Department, used in well completion reports
- Conduct as constructed and rehabilitation surveys for pipeline right of way and pipeline compliance & QA
- Conduct laser scanning and dimensional control surveys on Well facilities to allow offsite fabrication of pipework
- Conduct easement surveys for registered pipelines
- Maintaining and updating site-specific geographical databases that are utilised by our engineering and environment teams and our clients
- Pre-drill surveys to ensure works are conducted as planned and to environmental approvals
- Surveying areas as required to support the exploration of CSG in the region, and the development of gas gathering infrastructure.
Fyfe’s integrated approach means being able to deliver support services of the highest standard to our clients, ensuring that their work is conducted on time, to environmental standards, and with full knowledge of the area’s specific geographical concerns.