Areas of specialisation
Our contamination assessment services include:
- Classification of soils for disposal or reuse
- Integration of environmental investigations with concurrent geotechnical works
- Preliminary (desktop) through to detailed site investigations
- Customised site contamination assessments
- Landfill gas and soil vapour studies and landfill management and closure plans
- Soil gas and vapour intrusion investigations
- Human health and ecological risk assessments
- Hydrogeological and geochemistry studies
- Groundwater and surface water monitoring programs
- Groundwater fate and transport and vapour intrusion modelling
- Site management plans for soil, groundwater, asbestos and chemical and waste storage
- Construction Environment Management Plans
- Dewatering Management Plans
- Acid Sulfate Soils Management Plans; and
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plans.
Management and/or remediation of site contamination may be required where it poses a potential risk to human health or the environment, is required contractually or as part of construction or land development activities.
Fyfe can assist with all aspects of a site remediation project, from initial assessment and design through to implementation and closure.
Fyfe’s integrated team of property development and site contamination professionals are able to fully coordinate planning and environmental solutions.
Our remediation services include:
- Remediation options assessments
- Remediation design and remedial action plans
- Groundwater remediation (in-situ and ex-situ options)
- Underground storage tank removal
- Soil excavation, treatment and disposal
- Soil vapour mitigation systems
- Validation of remedial works; and
- Emergency incident response.
Auditing and due diligence
Fyfe’s EPA-appointed statutory environmental auditors are experts in streamlining the sign-off of your statutory and regulatory projects.
Such requirements commonly arise after a polluting event, or when a landowner seeks to redevelop industrial or other potentially contaminated land for a more sensitive purpose, such as residential.
Our auditing and due diligence services include:
- Statutory environmental auditing – land use changes
- Statutory environmental auditing – enforcement actions
- Expert witness – site contamination and remediation
- Sign-off of sampling and analysis plans and remedial action plans
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Portfolio risk assessment and gap analysis
- Quantification of environmental liabilities; and
- Health, Safety and Environmental audits.
Our team of experienced and highly trained ecologists can provide assistance with environmental approvals, monitoring programs, surveys, habitat mapping and ecological risk assessment.
Fyfe’s ecology team has worked across the country in a range of environments. Our personnel can offer expert advice on survey and monitoring program design to comply with approval conditions and statutory requirements.
Our ecology services include:
- State environment, planning and development approvals
- Assessment and referral under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- Vegetation clearance applications and native vegetation management plans
- Baseline surveys
- Flora and fauna species identification and monitoring programs
- Vegetation and weed mapping; and
- Terrestrial fauna trapping.