Areas of specialisation
Automation and controls
Our highly trained engineers and technicians have significant experience in a wide array of automation and instrumentation hardware and software.
Fyfe’s automation and controls services include:
- Automation and process control system concepts, FEED and detailed design
- Electrical process controls functional description and topology development
- PLC and HMI programming and SCADA or standalone data acquisition integration
- Industrial networking via various communication protocols, process and control systems integration
- Telemetry, communications, remote process monitoring and control, remote system support
- Electrical safety systems, safety PLC programming and implementation (from CAT/SIL 1–4)
- Instrumentation system optimisation, smart transmitter programming, documented calibration and verification
- System commissioning, technical support, fault finding and problem solving; and
- Electrical equipment for hazardous areas services
Fyfe’s civil engineers, designers and contract administrators have extensive experience in a broad range of industry sectors, including civil infrastructure, transport infrastructure, building and property developments and energy and resources.
Fyfe’s civil team can assist with:
- Feasibility and pre-investment studies
- Investigations and assessments
- Planning and concept designs
- Stormwater management, water and wastewater
- Subdivision infrastructure design and coordination
- Road and street designs and upgrades
- Final design and documentation
- Tender processes
- Contract documentation and administration; and
- Project management.
CSG Gathering System Design
Fyfe has developed an industry leading, GIS based system for the Construction of upstream CSG gathering networks and pipelines.
Fyfe is a preferred integrated services partner of many major CSG operators and construction contractors.
Our system is uniquely integrated for the gas industry to deliver value through integration. Fyfe has completed over 2000 CSG designs for gas and water gathering systems, with our GIS systems acting as a ‘single point of truth.’
Design drafting and modelling
Fyfe has a large team of design drafters who are experienced across each of Fyfe’s industry sectors.
This team integrates project engineering requirements with site information, to develop final 3D modelling and design, along with construction work packs and shop fabrication drawings.
Design services support the following disciplines:
- Automation and control
- Civil and structural
- Electrical and instrumentation
- Mechanical and piping
- Process; and
Electrical and instrumentation engineering
Fyfe’s electrical and instrumentation engineering team deliver flexible solutions for client requirements, covering investigation and studies through to turnkey solutions.
Core services include:
- Concept and feasibility studies, to FEED and detail design engineering
- Control valve sizing
- Earthing and equipotential bonding
- Electrical power system studies and design utilising both LV and HV systems
- Electrical protection and grading
- Electrical Equipment for Hazardous areas, selection, design and documentation
- FAT, SAT, commissioning and operator training
- Functions specifications
- Instrument specifications for measurement and control
- Motor Control Centres and starting system using DOL, soft starters and VSDs
- SIL Studies; and
- Solar powered systems.
Fyfe’s mechanical engineering team have extensive experience across a broad range of equipment types, plant and industries and from single discipline projects through to working within a multidisciplinary team.
Mechanical engineering services include:
- Plant layout and plot plan development
- Facilities design
- Plant and capacity upgrades
- Efficiency and environmental improvements
- Fuel storage and distribution networks
- Equipment selection, datasheets and specifications
- Pipe stress analysis
- Piping and valve specification and design
- Vessel design and specification; and
- Pump design and specification.
Pipeline engineering and field gathering flowlines
Our professional pipeline engineering team deliver a complete service, from feasibility studies to project delivery, operations and maintenance support services.
Fyfe has been instrumental in developing gathering systems across all of Australia’s onshore oil and gas basins. Each year, Fyfe delivers several hundred flowline and wellhead lease design/construction packages to its clients.
We have delivered pipeline projects across:
- Upstream pipelines, gathering systems and flowlines
- Gas and Oil Transmission pipelines
- Gas Distribution Systems; and
- Water pipelines.
Fyfe’s process engineering team is experienced in all aspects of facility and plant design; including concept designs, feasibility studies, front end engineering design, detailed design and turnkey solutions.
Our Process engineering services include
- process design for:
- pumps and piping
- liquid handling
- chemical and fuel storage and distribution
- Hazardous Area Classification
- HAZOP/CHAZOP Study facilitation
- Safety Management Study (SMS) Facilitation
- Process operational services in:
- Trouble shooting
- Incident investigating
- ‘as-built’ drawings.
- process design for:
Fyfe’s structural engineering services extend across all market sectors, providing consultation, design and documentation for projects of various sizes in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional markets.
Our design services for developments in both non-cyclonic and cyclonic regions include:
- Advice and expert witness reports relating to building disputes
- Bushfire assessments
- Design and documentation of slabs, foundations and footings including geotechnical/soil investigations for a range of permanent and mobile buildings and plant
- Design, documentation and certification of structures including pools, retaining walls (masonry, concrete, sleeper and gravity), pedestrian’s access in coastal environment, electrical control/switch rooms and foundation and bund walls for electrical substations
- Dilapidation surveys
- Inspection and reports on existing or damaged structures
- Product testing and development; and
- Software design.