The United States Force Posture Initiatives (USFPI) are part of Australia’s ongoing defence alliance with the United States and have been in place for more than ten years.
The USFPI Northern Territory Training Areas and Ranges Upgrades project (the Project) aims to upgrade four major training areas in the Northern Territory: Robertson Close Training Area, Kangaroo Flats, Mount Bundey, and the Bradshaw Field Training Areas.
The scope of the Project includes, but is not limited to:
- The decommissioning of some facilities and live-fire ranges
- Upgrades to existing training area facilities
- The construction of new facilities including weapons ranges, aviation facilities, and camp and medical facilities
- Upgrades to existing roads and the provision of new roads
- Upgrades to existing services infrastructure and the provision of new infrastructure.
Fyfe has been working on the Project since 2020 and is proud to provide essential site control, surveying, and underground locating services that support Sitzler as Managing Contractor for the project, and the Department of Defence as the client.
- Establish Site Control for the purpose of future development works.
Fyfe is providing a range of surveying services in the Northern Territory ranges, using both traditional techniques and modern technologies. These surveys are highly detailed and cover both new and existing sites:
- Detailed surveys
- Terrestrial laser scanning
- Bathymetric surveys
- Dilapidation surveys
To ensure our work can be used in other work packages, we are supplying all documentation files in multiple formats ranging from traditional to point cloud deliverables, as required by the client.
Fyfe’s surveying services are a key part of the project as a whole and are required to complete the design of all elements of the upgrade works.
Underground service locating is essential to all infrastructure upgrade projects. Fyfe is providing this service to support the upgrade and construction of services infrastructure across the four training areas.
Fyfe is proud to play a role in the Project. Our team of experienced surveyors and geospatial specialists has the experience and the tools and technologies to assist on projects of all sizes, and in all parts of Australia.
Please contact us to find out how we can assist.